My Memoir

"This is my life"

The way we were brought up. It's now clear to me why people don't accept me as a friend (A true friend). It was the way I was brought up and the way I am today. It is hard to be accepted in a group when you are different in many ways.
I had to bribe young people just to be friends earlier in my life.
I'm trying to be like others when they put silly, or stupid stuff on YouTube, Twitter or Facebook. I am feeling left out of a world that treats me like I am from a different planet. You don't want to get to know me or you are just so consumed with people who are self absorbed by social media events.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Old Broadway Bridge

The 93 year old bridge This bridge was well traveled on, so motorists could commute to everyday living. She was built with the best materials and the men who made it possible for us. She had ambition to serve the motorists that would be driving across her. She stood like a great monument that was used everyday, hoping the materials she was built with wouldn't decay. If she could have talked, she would have told the motorists that if they can't drive safely then get of off her bridge. However, she watched each driver go across and made sure they made their journey. She didn't weaken or falter, for she was built mighty and true. She weathered all types of conditions and even in the worst of them, she stood there with great strength to provide her motorists the glory to drive over her. She stood proud and true for all of you. As the years passed she was getting old, let it be told. She had done her job for her motorist's commute to their journey each day. She knew there was going to be a time when she must go, and she must be replaced. It was soon going to be her last time being driven over. That day came and the people stood and watched her be destroyed. Being as well built as she was, she wasn't going down without a fight. For no one knew what she was going to do. They put dynamite on her to make her come down; she stood fast with a frown knowing they were one way or another going to take her down. As TV and media watched, the 93 year old bridge came tumbling down. What a surprise to them all that after the black smoke lifted there she stood proud and true. They had a timeline that must be met. They had to do it right for their timeline was getting tight. They put cables over her and with a strong pull she came down with her frown upside down. She knew she was beaten but she still won the feat after all the years she had given. People clapped and roared as she came down. As for the motorists now have her not here, drivers must have skills not to mess up and get into more accidents as they commute. For their drive was easy and now it's not as easy-peasy. Long lived the strong and true bridge we once knew. This is what I do for a living, that's write about things the way I see it. Your comments on this is Required!!

No comments:

Post a Comment