My Memoir

"This is my life"

The way we were brought up. It's now clear to me why people don't accept me as a friend (A true friend). It was the way I was brought up and the way I am today. It is hard to be accepted in a group when you are different in many ways.
I had to bribe young people just to be friends earlier in my life.
I'm trying to be like others when they put silly, or stupid stuff on YouTube, Twitter or Facebook. I am feeling left out of a world that treats me like I am from a different planet. You don't want to get to know me or you are just so consumed with people who are self absorbed by social media events.

Sunday, October 9, 2016

The facts about the unseen and unknown

     I have been dealing with this issue for 40 years. My upbringing was, there wasn't enough quality time for me to get the help I needed to understand my homework. Because of my learning disabilities, to keep up with the higher groups of people with college or bachelor's degrees. I was told that I wouldn't amount to anything. For many years I believed this. My life was shattered from day one when I heard this. Being told this has a huge impact on the way the brain works. Try to tell my brain I am smarter than it is. With the ingrained hurt that was etched in the brain, the brain wins. I try to fool my brain to think its just a depression I have, that I am smarter than what I was told. You're told your brain is the size of a pea when you know it's the size of your fists put together. When I try to fit into groups that interest me. My lack of knowledge of that certain subject has to think quicker and absorbed as much as it can. I get overwhelmed with so much facts about a subject I can't keep up with the facts in the way others can. This is where I get pushed out of a group. I then get ignored for my lack of understanding and asking too many questions. It was said, "You can NEVER ask too many questions". If questions not asked and not enough knowledge to get the facts how am I to understand the subject? My learning is self-taught. I am a hands on learning talent. It may take me two to four weeks to understand fully, however I do get the facts and knowledge to be able to give my opinions.      I graduated in 2000. The year I should have graduated was 1987. Big difference comparison. Why did I wait so long to get a diploma? The trauma of being told by many people, being family, teachers, other kids didn't help my wanting to get that diploma. I have tried multiple times to go back to school various years, however the kids in the class would make fun of me. Teachers wouldn't take the time to help me when the ones who had better chances of having a successful outcome. I was pushed into that category of the unseen and unknown once again. As hard as I tried to ask other kids for help, they too had no time for a person with a learning disability. Kids back in the day were cruel and like today it hasn't changed any. I call these the bullies of the world. Teasing and picking on the ones who want to be successful but need a little more help than others. I have tried to get into a college and I couldn't pass the SAT. Again I got pushed out of a group of high educated adults where I was left behind. I felt like I was in a horse race and I was given the mule/ass wasn't going to win that race. After everybody had gone home I was still trying to get that mule/ass to get to the finish line. Once I did I was thrilled but so depressed that there was no one to give me the encouragement for trying so hard. So today when I am on Facebook or Twitter I am put into a group of the unseen and unknown. I ask how can I be seen and known for my accomplishments? Do I have to have a IQ of 140+ to be accepted in the group?      One day I will prove to everyone that even though I may be slow at learning I can and should be in a group that can SEE and KNOW me. Being seen and known is a big part of ones's positive thinking of being accepted into some group or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment